Elements of Python programming
Now that you have Python running, and have seen how it works interactively and with executable files, let's explore what we can do with simple useful programming. Some essential topics are
- Getting data into and out of a program
- Storing data as numbers and text
- Accessing data efficiently in lists, tuples, and dictionaries
- Performing logical and mathematical operations on data
- Controlling program flow (coming up in the next section)
Input and output
Numbers, text, and data types
Lists, tuples, dictionaries, and statements
For examples of Python illustrating input, output, data types, lists, and dictionaries, see the examples section.
For the assigned homework to use these ideas, see the assignments section.